Sunday, August 8, 2010

Flashes of Clarity

There's something about driving in lighting storms that gets me every time. The slightly dangerous element of trying to see whats ahead with rain pounding down and wind violently thrashing the trees and bushes. Then the illuminations as lighting cracks letting me see for a moment. It's stunning. (This of course leads to other issues since instead of watching the road i happen to be looking elsewhere... but that's a different story :) ).



Driving in a storm tonight, I am reminded of the reason for the peace I have which transcends all understanding. A peace that I have not because of any confidance in my own abilities to survive or know what's next - but because I realize that the Lord will give me the same flashes of clarity on where to go next when it's best for me. Just one more reminder that even though what lays ahead may seem a little dangerous and sketchy, Christ already knows what's to come and will let me see the beauty which lays ahead in His perfect timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment