Sunday, August 29, 2010

Alpha Xi Delta or Alpha Delta Pi?

The looming & impossibly hard question had to be answered. I sat staring down at “the sheet” I had to write my decision on after the final preference ceremony on Saturday, August 28th 2010.
The fact I was even pondering that question is even ridiculous in some ways. Here I am in my third (and last) year at the UNI and I’m going through the formal recruitment process to join a sorority?! I honestly thought I’d gone crazy at one point during the process… but God is faithful and he showed me that it really was never about my comfort level but always about living for Him regardless of where I’m at.

So there I was, with a billion thoughts running in my head and all I thought was “God, why did I have to be invited back to BOTH preference ceremony’s!? I then, rapidly wrote down Alpha XI Delta and ADPi … I have no idea why I did it in that order other than Alpha Xi Delta was the last preference ceremony I went to but there you have it… my final decision and pledge. I have a fabulous pledge class and I’m extremely excited for the community I’ll have there!
I’m so excited to see what God has in store for me this year, and how He is going to fulfill Eph 3:20 in my life… and the life of so many others.

All for His glory – to know Christ and make him known to the ends of the earth!

Heather

P.S: Why doesn’t everyone go Greek? Seriously… I’m firmly convinced thus far that most everyone would love it!

2 comments:

  1. YAY YAY YAY! I'm so excited for you and so excited to see what God has in store this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello -
    Don't know you, but I was googling something for my sorority (Alpha Xi Delta) and your blog popped up.
    Excited to have you in the Sisterhood. TFJ... you'll know what it means soon enough!
    I think you'll find there are plenty of opportunities to go God's work through our fraternity. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete