Thursday, June 17, 2010

JAX STP 411

I arrived in Jaxonville 17 days ago (after a sweet road trip down) and time has flown by at an insanely rapid pace... I wonder to myself how in the world it's already 6:45 a.m. on June 17th. Here's a small look into a typical day:

6:30: Run (Obviously I skipped it this morning to catch up on things like this :) ). And most importantly, sharing a wonderful morning with the few other morning people who are around (and the not so che

8:30 Work: I work at Isle of Faith Daycare and am with the oldest group (3-6th graders) all day which is pretty wonderful! They're precious kids ... even if they're a little obnoxious sometimes ... and we love each other for the weird quirks we all have.

6:00 Off Work: I don't work from 9 - 6 every day, more like every other and on the off days I go in at 2:30 which is nice because it gives me a lot of time in the Word, with Memorization, and cleaning "The Crossings" (our dormitory).

6:20 Back on campus for some grub

7:00 Evening Sessions (Nav Night/Workshop/1 on 1's/ Team bible study/ Date night)

9:00 chill time/bible study/fellowship... etc

I've been blessed with a wonderful team made up entirely of seniors has taught me so much already, and the members include:

Kayla: Team Leader, and a a JAX STP Alumni, she has a gentle and soft heart and enjoys cooking, movies, and studying the Word (naturally)

Amy: Is a good friend from UNI, and I've been so blessed to have her with me! I can't even begin to count the many ways I've been encouraged by her, and the great fun we've had (even though we tend to be opposites, it makes life so fun!)

Ally: Is from KU she enjoys stuffed dinos, frozen yogurt, and is our token backseat driver.

I'll give a more intense update later, (no really... i'll try... the internet in the dorms is really sketchy) but for now remain in the Fathers love, seek out His will and obey out of gratitude for what He has done for you.

1 comment:

  1. Lucky you for having such fun and such people around you. I feel bored all day long and i don't even know why.

    http://lovers-shore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete