Wednesday, June 23, 2010

For Lack of Better Title: UpDate!

This past week has been: difficult, a blessing, challenging, and overall one large lesson on the faithfulness of God to His children. He has shown once more that he brings to completion the promises He gives to obedient, expectant children and redeems our brokenness.

Difficult.. but a huge blessing: The first full work week was crazy but wonderful. I was able to establish relationships with all of my 4th, 5th, and 6th grade kids and not only find out who they are but also teach them who I am and what I’m about. I’m excited about the ministry opportunity and am excited to see how God uses me at Isle of Faith to further His Kingdom.

Challenging… and a large lesson on God’s faithfulness: Outside of work, the life lessons continue. Beach evangelism was difficult for me this week as I started out with two outright rejections, which is extremely rare. TJem. O was able to speak with a few more women who were polarized either fully serving the Lord or not even interested in spiritual matters. After, I was encouraged by a team member as we discussed how 1st) Our feelings don’t dictate our success, we are successful simply if we are obedient to Christ’s command to go and spread His word and 2nd) that some seed will fall on rocky, some on thorn infested ground, and some on fertile soil. God worked successfully to further His Kingdom & that was a great reminder of just how faithful God is to fulfill His promise to open the eyes of the blind.

Gods faithfulness in providing jobs and hours has also been refreshing this one area where I have seen myself grow simply in the realization that the Lord can, and will, provide for every need and that finances are a completely inadequate excuse to disobey the Lord’s command to go and make disciples.

Friday I was blessed tremendously with a day of communion with Christ, ministry, and fellowship and was reminded just how blessed those who call on the name of the Lord, and how privileged I am to share in Christ’s suffering along with His comfort (2 Cor 1:1-12).

God bless!!

1 comment:

  1. love your updates and how much God is working in your life! Keep the updates coming! :)

    ReplyDelete