Monday, June 28, 2010

Spiritual Multiplication

Matthew 28:19-20 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.

Commonly referred to as the Great Commission, this is just one of many verses which gives the command to GO so that others may learn the Good News and to also teach them how to live righteous lives on earth. A mission that desperately needs to be taken outside of the U.S but that I also must share wherever I am, including Jacksonville Florida while I’m here.

Matthew 7:18 – 20 says “A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.” This scripture has been on my mind recently, and caused me to evaluate my own life and whether I truly do love others enough to share the power of Jesus death and resurrection, that erases our sin so that we can live eternally with God Along with loving new and old followers of Jesus Christ alike as we all strive to live righteously. So, I’ve begun to pray asking God to give me good fruit that I may remain in Him, growing and maturing in righteousness and bearing good fruit.

God is faithful, and has responded promptly to bless me with opportunities to plant seeds of the good news, see it sprout, and also stand besides it watching and encouraging growth.

This past weekend I was teaching a 9th grade Sunday school class with my friend Aly and a church member Ryan. The topic was sharing Christ in different cultures, and as we shared about going out and sharing the gospel in different settings and situations (Including the JAX beaches) Dillon, one of the guys, started asking questions on how to actively do it in his own life. As we were beginning to close, he said one of the most beautiful statements I’ve ever heard “So, can we do this?” I was, needless to say, ecstatic at his willingness and said “Yes! Come with!” His desire to go out is just one answer to my request that I can give what little knowledge of life in Christ I have with others. I am stoked about the opportunity to be of use in God’s kingdom on earth.

So, Wednesday I’ll be going with Aly today begin training and on Saturday we’ll be hitting the beach with a bunch of high school students willing to boldly proclaim the goodness of faith. I am so blessed to be given the opportunity to use the word of God to teach others (2 Tim 3:16) and excited! Please pray that:

• God will give us the wisdom & words to train the students
• A group of BOLD students
• God’s grace to be shared
• Teachability to both students and adults as we learn from each other
• Kristen & all other new believers.

Praise God for His faithfulness to fulfill all the promises He has given us!

No comments:

Post a Comment