Saturday, May 29, 2010

Coffee Chats

Running through the front door, I spotted my good friend Lydia, and hurriedly ran and give her a hug. Exclaiming my apology for being late, I then look around slightly embarrassed, greeting everyone in the shop (who seemed to find my antics rather humorous (specifically, the man who watched me parallel park and end up on the curb...), with a smile and slight laughter.

Purchasing our cups of goodness we went to enjoy the glorious summer day in Iowa. Slowly, the last 6 months of stories began to pour out; with all of the scandalous and holy details. As one hour, then two passed; I became aware of how wonderful fellowship with old friends is. There's something about a friend who knows it all; the days where you didn't know what was up or down, and days where you think that the world belongs to you... the friend who you can still laugh with about that inevitable "awkward stage" and entrust every new secret of your heart to. The one who understands that walking with the Lord has never been easy, and it doesn't look to be easy in the future... and is right there walking along besides you anyways.


"Faithful friends are beyond price: No amount can balance their worth"

No comments:

Post a Comment