Monday, May 10, 2010

The Shaikh People

This past semester I've taken Perspectives on the World Christian Movement (I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone who is following the Lord!) In Cedar Falls. It has been a huge blessing as I've come to see more of God's heart for the nations, and His desire to make himself known that all nations, tribes, and toungues may glorify His name (Matthew 28:18-20, Revelations 5:9).

My heart has grown more in line with The Lords throughout the past year. Becauseo f this, I have been meeting together with other in prayer for the nations, and have decided leaving UNI this semester to adopt an unreached people group. That I may ask the Lord to make His name known to one people group, that His name be glorified

The group I have chosen is the Shaikh people of Nepal. I chose them for a variety of reasons including:

1) God is growing in me a heart for the Muslim people, and I'm getting very excited to join in the work He has started to make His name glorified in the Muslim world.
2) Muslims are beautiful, beautiful people.
3) Strategy:The Shaikh people also have a large presence in the Panjabi region of Pakistan, including a large Sikh population (Sikhism is a religion similar to Hinduism that I have studied this past semester).
4)Nepal is fairly accesible through business start-ups, shelter homes, etc. and the Shaikh people of Nepal can reach those in their people group in the Panjabi region of Pakistan.
5) Least Reached People Group: The Shaikh people fall into this category meaning that they have noone trying to reach them with the Good News of the Kingdom of Heaven!




Shaikh Bio:
Occupations: Traditionally they are farmers, but many are now hold jobs in business, and public service.

Join me in praying that:
Spiritual Leaders Would come to Christ through visions and revelations
That the Lord would build up workers to go and reach the Shaikh people
That the Shailkh peoples hearts would be opened to the Gospel message

(Simply go to the Joshua Project to adopt your own people group, or learn more about the Shaikh people!)

No comments:

Post a Comment