Friday, March 18, 2011

My Daddy Knows Me.

"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart."(Psalm 37:4). I believe I've heard this verse quoted a million times in regards to marriage. While I don't doubt that it's true in that case, my Lord's shown me that it's also true for me RIGHT NOW.

Since i was a child I've wanted to serve the poor, widowed, and orphaned. Then, when I was 16 my heart beat turned to women who are in sexual slavery, forced into prostitution because of economic need, and sold by families who had no other option. This has been a dream that has never seemed plausible, even as I began looking into God's glorious heart for every ethne I held this dream in the palm of my hand, very much expecting for it to change or be removed.

"Take the coal, touch my lips, I am yours."

My Daddy knows me though, and my heart beats from His own. As he gives me the BEST gifts He's presented me with the opportunity to live my dream: Proclaiming His Holy name & empowering women, girls, & boys to hold occupations that don't require the selling of one's body. I'm blessed TO GO; specifically to Phenom Penh, Cambodia for 2 years beginning in late Aug/early Sept God willing!

No comments:

Post a Comment