Friday, May 6, 2011

What leaving is like...

Leaving is like a thorn stuck in my side that can't be removed. For days it lingers, remaining for what seems like a century. The wonder of it all is the thorns connection with a stem upon which stands a beautiful rose. Its sharp point remains embedded in my skin. Knowingly I realize it is something quite beautiful that causes the intense hurt. Gritting my teeth I allow the painful hidden tears to remain embedded inside. Upon further examination of the rose there is joy. Each petal holds each memories of a beautiful relationship. Every petals beauty is impeccably sweet on the eyes.

Suddenly,I recognize that the thorns impact is partially my choice. I can either focus on its ability to hurt me, or the joy which it holds. I am tempted to open my hand and completely drop each rose, to remove the pain easily. Thankfully before I do so I am reminded of each petals beauty. The Lord speaks showing me how softly one must cling to everything here. For to grasp tightly allows each thorn to impose itself painfully into my hand. Only when I loosely handle the roses do their full and pain-free beauty appear to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment