Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Faithfulness of the King!

God, being the perfect father that He is has given me the most amazing gift in this life. He allowed me to cultivate the seed’s he has sown and experience a new sister getting brought into The Kingdom! GOD IS SO GOOD! & I am so weak.

It was an atypical Tuesday night. I went to night class desperately begging for it to end at 8:00 p.m. because I really wanted to attend Navigators (a christian group on campus), the subject was homosexuality that night and it was an issue I have been contemplating and seeking insight about. It was a great session, approximately half of it was UNIFI and the other half was Navigators – many tough questions were asked and the speaker did an excellent job of speaking the truth. My heart broke during the session however, as I realized just how hard many of those presents hearts were.

Afterwards, my friend Katie, who has been an amazing blessing from God – she’s really pushed me to act out on my faith and has been a major factor in keeping me accountable – came up to me and we started talking. After a short discussion, we walked out about to leave. Unbeknownst to me Katie and a friend had planned to stop in the union on the way back to Campbell to talk with people about Jesus and their spiritual path.

Katie’s friend was having another spiritual conversation however, and so on the way back we went to the union instead. God meet us there – faithful as always – and did His wonderful work. Before we entered we prayed that He would lead us to softened hearts and willing ears.

God is faithful. First, we went and talked with three girls who we found out had just gotten back from Gods Mountain, after encouraging them in their faith and leaving them with “One Thing You Can’t Do In Heaven” by Mark Cahill (a HUGE factor in why we were even there) we left them to their discussion.

Then, God led us to a sweet sophamore woman who is in a spinercise class with Katie. She was willing to share her questions and thoughts on life after death, heaven and hell, etc. God took complete control, I mean absolute control and it was EPIC (as God always is). After a long discussion, and learning more about just who she is, where she came from, and sharing my Grace story I asked Katie if she wanted to accept Christ into her heart to know in all finality what we are living for, and what comes after this life ends. She did!

I was shocked, Katie was shocked and we were both extremely ecstatic – WE HAVE A NEW SISTER, AND GOD LET US BE USED TO DO IT! This show’s just how weak I am, knowing God’s power I still didn’t expect Him to be faithful and use me.

Needless to say, I am overwhelmed at the blessing God gives when we go out and obey His commandments, and just how overwhelmingly good the faithfulness of the King can be!

No comments:

Post a Comment